Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Review: Savage

Sunday, August 19, 2012


Title: Savage
Series: Daughters of the Jaguar
Author: Willow Rose
Genre/s: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, YA/NA

Synopsis:

The year is 1983. Christian is 22 years old when he leaves his home in Denmark to spend a year in Florida with a very wealthy family and go to med-school. A joyful night out with friends is shattered by an encounter with a savage predator that changes his life forever. Soon he faces challenges he had never expected. A supernatural gift he has no idea how to embrace. A haunting family in the house next door. A spirit-filled girl who seems to carry all the answers. An ancient secret hidden in the swamps of Florida. One life never the same. One love that becomes an obsession. Two destinies that will be forever entangled.

Savage is a paranormal romance with some language, violence, and sexual situations recommended for ages sixteen and up.



My Thoughts:

Savage is the first in the Daughter of the Jaguar series, about Christian, a 22 year old Danish who was sent to the US by his father to study in Medical School, and how his life turned upside down after he was saved by a jaguar.

I liked it but I don't loved it as much as I wanted to. The book was good. It has great moral lessons, great plot and setting, but I don't know why, I feel like Christian was a little shallow with his decision making. I know it must be the mindset of the people in that era that affected his character but still it doesn't feels right for me. I like Aiyana and her family, though, because they were so hippie.

All in all, it was a good book. I guess, I just don't understand male's perspective that much and especially, the mindset in that generation.

My Rating:



Books for YA! © 2015