Sunday, September 30, 2012

Book Review: Sleepers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Title: Sleepers
Author: Megg Jensen
Genre/s: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

An adoptee raised in a foreign land, sixteen-year-old Lianne was content with her life as handmaiden to the queen, until a spell cast on her at birth activated. Now she's filled with uncontrollable rage and access to magic she thought had been bled from her people years ago. Even her years of secret training in elite hand-to-hand combat and meditation can’t calm the fires raging inside her.

Her heart is torn between two boys, the one she’s always loved and the one who always ignored her. But when the kingdom threatens to tear itself apart due to rumors surrounding the queen’s alleged affair, who will Lianne protect and who will she destroy?


My Thoughts:


I find it hard to connect to Lianne’s character. I don’t know why but she’s a bit unstable and indecisive for me. Maybe it’s because of the Awakening spell or maybe because she’s so blinded by her love for Kellan that she can’t figure out the truth from the lies. Whatever that may be, it surely distracted me from enjoying the story.

The good thing is that the fight scene in the climax was great. It totally redeemed the whole story. I almost forgot about Lianne’s unstable character. The plot was also okay. It was full of mystery and deceit and the revelation of it all was really fun to discover especially when I found out that Lianne has (spoiler alert) twin sister.

Overall, I didn’t love it as much as I expected but it is still an enjoyable read.




My Rating
* I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Books for YA! © 2015