Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Book Review: Point of Retreat

Wednesday, November 07, 2012


Title: Point of Retreat
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre/s: Young Adult, Contemporary Novel

Synopsis:

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’

My Thoughts:

After I read Slammed, I really thought that it set the bar high and no matter how I love to read Will's POV, it would be really hard for Point of Retreat to surpass its predecessor. But I was wrong. The awesomeness of this story just got better.

So many thing happened after Slammed. Julia, Lake's mother died, Lake is now in college and Will is taking up his Master's degree. So many new and interesting characters arrived which added laughter and sadness to Will and Lake's story. My favorite of  all the new characters (and my newest fictional bestfriend) is Kiersten, who "lives diagonal to Will and Caulder and parallel to Layken and Kel." She's a really amusing yet a bizarre little kid. I can't stop myself from laughing and agreeing to her poem "Butterfly you". You have to read this book to know why.

There are two major conflict in here that makes thing complicated. I don't want to say anything specific but let's just say that the first reason is jealousy and the second is an encounter between life or death. I'm not going to say who it was, you have to find out for yourself.

Overall, this series is BUTTERFLYING AWESOME and definitely a must-read.

My Rating

Books for YA! © 2015